How to Tell if You're in an Abusive Relationship
Watch for these signs of domestic violence. Does your partner:
- Insult you in public and private?
- Check up on where you've been and who you've talked to?
- Put down your friends and family?
- Tell you jealousy is a sign of love?
- Blame you for the abuse?
- Limit where you go and what you do?
- Try to control your money?
- Destroy your things?
- Threaten to hurt you, your family, or pets?
- Make you have sex in ways or at times that are uncomfortable to you?
- Touch you in ways that hurt or scare you?
- Tell you your fears are not important?
If any of these things happen to you, you might be in danger. Help is available. Call the Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-562-6025 (24-hour crisis line)
From Love Shouldn't Hurt brochure, courtesy of King County Coalition Against Domestic Violence (206-568-5454)